Over the past couple of years, body trimmers are becoming popular for grooming, rather than just the electric shaver you may be used to. The Philips Norelco Bodygroomer 7100 is one of the best on the market. It offers a premium experience with a very moderate price, so you can achieve the look you desire without breaking the bank.
Philips Bodygroom 7100 Review
- It has a 3D pivoting head which means it is much easier for the blades to follow the contours of your body in the most comfortable way possible.
- On the other end of the unit is a trimmer so the Norelco Bodygroomer is a 2-in-1 gadget for your ultimate convenience.
- There is the choice of five different lengths, so you can achieve your ultimate dream look.
- The unit is also waterproof, so you can shave under the shower if that is what you prefer to do.
- It is cordless, so it is much easier and safer to use than other body groomers.
- The Norelco Bodygroom 7100 only takes one hour to charge and once charged it can be used for fifty minutes which is more than enough time to complete all your body trimming tasks.
- The blades on this trimmer are self-sharpening so you won’t need to lubricate them or perform any other type of maintenance. The shaving head is also made from materials that are hypo-allergenic so it’s less likely you will suffer from irritation or allergic reactions.
- The quality of the Philips brand is well renowned and continually shows itself to be top in both performance and material. You can be sure you are receiving a great quality product that will satisfy your grooming needs.
- The unit is fully waterproof and performs brilliantly in both wet and dry climates. If you are more comfortable shaving in the shower, then this groomer will perform just as well underwater than it will if you prefer to shave outside the shower.
- The two-in-one design has a trimmer and a shaver all in one unit for your convenience.
- There is no maintenance for this product and the shaving head replacements last for a long time.
- The 3D pivoting head means you will have an extremely comfortable shaving experience.
- Once taken apart it can be a bit fiddly and difficult to put the foil and cutters back into place.
- It does not feature a quick battery charge.
- The shaver does not have as good a performance as the trimmer does.
- The pivoting head can be a bit odd at first and takes a bit of time to get used to.
Full Video Review of Philips Bodygroom Series 7100
Design and Ergonomics
The first thing that needs mentioning is the two-in-one design. The trimmer is on one end and the shaver on the other. This is extremely convenient for you because you won’t have to purchase two different products or keep switching while trying to obtain the shave you want. Instead, you can easily use this product to define and style your shave with ease.
It is built extremely solidly, and the materials are of very high quality compared to other products like it on the market. This includes the Philips model before this one like the Philips Norelco OneBlade.
It also has rubber inserts on the side in order to give a better grip. Along with this and its curved design, it makes the device much easier to maneuver around the curves and areas of your body.
The trimmer comes with an adjustable, integrated comb so you can decide what length you want to trim your hairs too. This gives you the freedom to experiment with length and decide what is the best look for you.
It has a cordless operation which means it is much safer to use than other corded products. This means it can reach places that otherwise might not be able to be reached. It charges through the charging stand which takes an hour to fully charge the unit. This charge lasts for fifty minutes.
The charging stand is built with solid material and has a spring-loaded charging plate as well as small rubber feet which gives it a much firmer grip for safety.
The 3D pivoting head is the highlight of the shaver on this unit as it follows the contours of your body for a close shave. This feature seems like a brilliant and useful thing but can take some time to get used to and get the hang of how to use it.
As the shaver is dragged over the body, the angle relative to the skin changes so you will have to readjust your grip and the angle to which you are holding the unit. This can sometimes cause pulling of the hairs which can be slightly uncomfortable. This is not a major problem as it is fixed once you get used to how the groomer moves and works in accordance with the curves of your body.
Due to this, you will have to be extremely careful when shaving your underarms and pubic areas as these are incredibly sensitive areas.
Despite this, the shaving head is made from the hypo-allergenic material which will make skin irritation and allergic reactions much less likely. The blades are also self-sharpening which means they do not need any maintenance.
You may find that you need to make multiple passes over the same area to remove all of the stray hairs, as the shaver may not catch all of them the first time around.
This trimmer has a built-in adjustable trimming comb along with rounded blades, so you can easily choose from five different lengths. This tends to work better when dry, but it can work when wet or when using shaving cream as well.
This trimmer is definitely one of the best considering the price range it is in. With expert and convenient features, it tackles hair and trims with ease and makes it much easier for you to achieve the look you want. If you’re looking for a trimmer that performs well but doesn’t break the bank, then the Philips Norelco Bodygroomer 7100 BG2040 is the one for you. Hope this Norelco 7100 review helps!