Since there are so many people that suffer with thinning hair, there are many products on the market that say they can help as well. The problem is not all of them work and many are just gimmicks. There are many things that you can try to combat your hair loss problem. The best thing you can do and try first is to go as all natural as possible.
You can try home remedy mixtures that can be applied to the hair. However, another you may want to try is to treat your hair loss or thinning from the inside out. We are similar to plants what we ingest can also control how our overall body functions. Supplements are a great way to give your body things it may need. You don’t want to just take any supplements though. Many have things you don’t need or want and money wasters like fillers.
Table of Contents
Things to Look for In a Supplement
When looking for a supplement there are some things to look for. After all you are putting this product in your body. So, it can and will affect things and you want it to in the right way.
- Trusted manufacturer.
- All natural ingredients.
- No additives
- No GMO’s.
- Make sure there are no ingredients you are allergic to.
- Even though they are all natural ingredients, you want to make sure they will not cause problems with medication you are on.
Those are the main factors you are looking for. Even better if you can find some that have the seal that assures you are getting what you pay for. So, you know the ingredients you want are truly in it.
There are many things that can cause hair loss or thinning, some are medical conditions. However, sometimes it is just as simple as missing something in your diet. That doesn’t mean you are doing it intentionally. Some people just don’t have access to what they are missing. So, the easiest way to replace that need is through a vitamin or a supplement.
Vitamin or Supplement?
There are two things you can take which are a vitamin or a supplement. You can take both together but you need to make sure that your vitamin doesn’t already have what you want to take in a supplement. Or if you do still want to add a supplement to your vitamin and it has it that you are not going over recommended daily dose.
- Vitamins can be bought with single ingredients but most vitamins are a blend of several.
- Vitamins are a great choice for those looking for a variety of ingredients.
- Vitamins are typically a once a day dose, which is great for those who have a hard time remembering to take a couple to a few times a day.
When it comes to a supplement:
- You can take just what you want.
- Easier to adjust dose.
- Easier to understand what is in it because it is one ingredient.
Best Supplements for Thinning Hair
Here is a list of some of the best supplements for thinning hair.
- Iron, some people suffer from a lack of iron in their body. A lack of iron can lead to thinning hair or hair loss. The best way to tell if you are lacking is to be tested.
- Biotin, is a well known supplement that is great for hair, skin and nails. So you will be getting a triple benefit from it.
- Coconut oil, there are many different benefits from coconut oil. Probably one of the ones that provide you the most benefits. There is plenty of information online to be found about benefits and in my opinion it is the best oil for hair regrow. It is also easy to find and in most cases affordable for most. It is also the safest as well, it would be difficult if not impossible to get too much of it.
- Saw palmetto is another supplement that some say works, but results can be different for different people.
Those are the top ones, there are many others but again these are the ones that are at the top of the list.
Just remember vitamins and supplements are not overnight fixes to a problem. They take time to work, so you have to have patience. If you have the patience you definitely will not be disappointed. If you do decide to take a vitamin, your best bet is to find a multivitamin that works best for your situation. Different stages of your life typically require different amounts of ingredients. There are vitamins that make it easy for you to tell which ones are best for you.