Keeping things in check down there is never easy. Hair grows back thick and fast and there seems to always be those horrible red itching bumps. However, if you decide to keep your pubic hair nice and tidy, or hack that bush right off, you’ll need the proper tools in order to complete the job. Just a normal razor is no good. You’ll end up leaving your skin irritated and that’s never a good look, especially when you might need to have a good scratch in public.
Here we have pulled together top pubic hair trimmers on the market, so you can decide which is the best pubic hair trimmer for you. With these trimmers, you can gain the look you desire without the dire consequences.
The 4 Best Pubic Hair Trimmers for Guys
1. Philips Norelco Body-groomer BG20/49
This Philips body groomer is great for shaving your pubic hair. It has a 3D pivoting head which means the shaving head can closely follow the contours of your body. This gives the ultimate comfort to your skin while performing well. It has rounded blades and combs which will help to prevent scratching from happening to the skin. The blades and combs come in five length settings, up to 11/25 inches, so you can decide which is best for the look you want. This body trimmer is specifically designed for men and can shave anywhere like chest and abs, underarms, pubic area, back and shoulders.
It is also water-resistant, so you can use it in the shower or when it’s dry. It only takes an hour to fully charge so you can use it almost as soon as you feel the need to. The design is dual-sided so you can trim the hair anywhere on your body with only one product, including the course, thick pubic hairs. It can capture short and long hairs in one stroke while also preventing nicks and cuts on the skin. This is an ideal choice for those who want a clean-cut appearance without any hassle.
2. Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler 3-in-1 Body Groomer
This Gillette body groomer is great for an all-around shave, including your pubic hairs and trimming your chest hair. It has Fusion ProGlide blades along with a Brain-engineered trimmer which gives a close, even shave, along with being able to give precise edges to your cut. The blade gives an incredibly close and comfortable cut and the combs can be used to avoid nicks and cuts and irritation.
It also comes with three combs which are exchangeable and different lengths which gives you the opportunity to try different lengths and styles and customize your pubic hairs however you want. It is waterproof and watertight, so you can use it in the shower or bath as well as when it is dry.
One handy feature with this trimmer is that all Gillette blade refills will fit onto this groomer. This also means you can find the perfect blades for you for your own custom shave. Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler is another product where you will only need one tool to complete the look you desire without any fuss. It has a Precision Edging blade on the back of the razor blade which will help you to shave the thicker places with defined and crisp lines.
3. Philips Norelco Body-groomer BG1026/60
This Philips body groomer is a good option for those who want to trim unwanted body hair. It is ideal for sensitive areas like underarms and pubic regions. It protects your skin as it trims to avoid irritation which is great for those who suffer from sensitive skin. Due to the close-cut shave and protection, it will prevent cuts and nicks from occurring.
It can cut your hair in both directions up to 1/64 inch this means it will trim every hair even if the hair is growing in different directions. It also includes a comb which is 1/8 inch if you want a longer look for your hair. This body-groomer is also waterproof so once again you can use it in or out of the shower depending on your preference. This groomer performs better when used on dry hair so using it out of the shower might be better for the best look. The unit is very low maintenance, battery-powered, and easy to clean — all you have to do is wash the blades after use, and the blades are durable so do not need replacing. This means it is very easy to travel with.
4. Cleancut ES412 Personal Shaver
This Cleancut shaver is perfect for both men and women. It is designed with the finest stainless steel which means it is durable and long-lasting while performing at optimal levels. It can be used in all areas of the body including sensitive areas like the pubic area.
This is the case for both men and women. It is designed to trim stubble, rather than long, thick hair. Therefore, this unit is great for keeping your pubic hair neat and to avoiding the itching, horrible stubble that appears after a short time. It also comes with a cleaning brush and a foil cover which protects the blades when it’s not in use.
The motor is designed to run at a rate that cuts hairs easily while running slow enough that it doesn’t tug or rip the hair rather than cutting through it smoothly. The blade is designed to glide easily over the foil to avoid grinding against it.
The foil is made to achieve a slot pattern that will capture and cut the hair without nicking or cutting the skin of the sensitive pubic region. This shaver is perfect to tame and control the pubic hairs that grow back quickly. It helps keep the look clean and sharp without irritation.
Best Pubic Hair Trimmer Female Reviews
1. Braun Silk-epil 9 Women’s Epilator
This Braun epilator is a great option if you want to avoid shaving and razors. It removes hair that is 4x shorter than waxing and can catch hair as short as 0.5mm long with its MicroGrip Tweezer technology. This gives you a salon-smooth, beautiful result which lasts for a long time — up to four weeks. It comes with 12 attachments and extras for a more flexible hair removal regime.
These include exfoliation brushes, massage pads, and an efficiency cap, all to make sure it receives maximum contact with the skin, so it misses fewer hairs. The precision cap makes sure the epilator fits easily into smaller and more awkward areas and positions. If you add a shaver head or trimmer cap to the epilator you can turn it into a fully functional shaver and trimmer.
It also has a smart light which is a brilliant feature that allows you to spot the finer hairs in order for you to remove them. The head of the epilator adapts to the contours of the body for superior comfort and efficiency, even for awkward places like underarms, knees, and pubic areas. The epilator also uses active vibrations to provide an even more gentle skin sensation.
2. Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper and Trimmer
This Panasonic trimmer is perfect for a safe and comfortable trim around the bikini line area. It is great at shaping with it’s very slim, high-performance groomer. The blade is ultra-sharp and made from stainless steel. The blade cleanly cuts every type of hair including the finest hair to the thickest and coarsest hair. It also takes care of stray and unwanted hairs. It is also hypo-allergenic which helps to prevent irritation and is perfect for those who suffer from sensitive skin. The blade is shielded from making direct contact with the skin by an adjustable five-position shaping and trimming guide. This helps to even create and maintain hair to the exact length depending on what you desire from the trim.
It is great to travel with as it is light and cordless. It is only four ounces in weight and an inch and a half in width, as well as being super-slim. It saves a lot of time by trimming your hair faster and more comfortably than other razors and shavers on the market. The trimmer’s head is smooth and has rounded tips to avoid those horrible red bumps and give you the smooth trim you’re looking for.
3. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
This Panasonic shaver is a great option for those looking to have a close shave in the pubic area. It can be used both in or out of the shower for your convenience. It shaves smoothly on dry skin which is great for a quick touch-up when you don’t have a lot of time. When you do have more time, this shaver is perfect for use in the bath or shower. It has four ultra-sharp blades along with ultra-thin, dual foils for an ultimate close and comfortable shave.
The quick-pivot shaving head glides effortlessly over the body’s contours and curves, meaning it can reach the awkward areas of the body. It is also hypo-allergenic and made from stainless steel which means it is extremely gentle on the skin and eliminates irritation, which is especially great for those who have sensitive skin. It also has a multi-headed, adjustable bikini shaver attachment as well as a precision pop-up trimmer which gives a quick and comfortable trim and allows for shaping and personalization of the bikini area. It cleanly removes longer or shorter hairs instantly no matter where they are on the body. It is also easy to clean, just run it under warm water and then air dry it.
4. Philips SatinShave Prestige Women’s Electric Shaver
This Philips shaver is a rechargeable groomer which allows for a close shave. It has a multi-flex head with dual floating foils along with a neck that flexes and moves with you, so it can catch as many hairs as possible and has fewer missed hairs. The trimmer has pearl tips which are rounded along with safety bars that lie under the trimmer. This protects you from irritation and bumps, which means it is perfect for those who have sensitive skin, as well as being brilliant for using on sensitive areas like the pubic region and underarms.
The soft-touch cushions on both sides of the head give a gentle touch even in the curvy areas of the body. It has an “S” shaped handle and an anti-slip grip which means it’s easier to hold and direct into the awkward areas of the body. It comes with trimming combs, so you can shave and trim anywhere on your body. You can also use this shaver in or out of the shower and it shows you when it’s running out of battery by the indicator meaning you won’t be surprised by a low battery in the middle of a shave.
Things to be Considered When Buying the Best Pubic Hair Trimmer
- Power — The hair in the pubic area is coarser than the hair in other areas of your body. In order to shave this area, you want a trimmer that is fast and powerful enough to cut through this type of hair. The more power the motor has the less snagging and dull trims you’ll receive for a much cleaner and sharp cut.
- Sharp Blades — This is very important as a dull blade will not cut through the coarse pubic hair and will leave you will an unsatisfactory finish. The best trimmer for pubic hair should have sharp, rounded, hypoallergenic blades, and be made of stainless steel. This means it reduces the amount of irritation while performing to the best of its ability.
- Cord or Cordless — It is your choice whether you go for a trimmer with a cord or not. When shaving your pubic hairs, it might be better and easier to get one without a cord as those with a cord restrict your movement, meaning it might be harder to get the perfect shave.
Those without a cord have the issue of running out of battery so you must make sure to get a trimmer with long battery life.
- Attachment — While most trimmers will come with some form of attachments you should be aware of what attachments they are. You should keep in mind what kind of shave you want and look for the attachment accordingly. If you want longer hairs to look for different sized attachment combs. Make sure there is a safety guard to avoid nicking and cutting your sensitive areas.
- Durability — This is important as you don’t want a trimmer that is going to give up on you too quickly. Make sure the pubic trimmer you choose can last a long time even with continuous and regular use.
- Wet, Dry, or Both — Most of the pubic hair trimmers above work well in both the wet and the dry but others on the market don’t. You should decide whether you are more likely to use the pubic trimmer in the shower or out of the shower and what is the easiest for you and then look for a trimmer that can work in accordance to you and your preference. Those that are waterproof may be better as when the pubic hairs are wet they become softer and make it much easier for the trimmer to do its job.
Pubic Hair Trimming Tips
- Stand up while you trim your pubic hairs. This is because if you lie or sit down you are more likely to cut or injure yourself. If you stand, you can see what you are doing much better and reduce the likelihood of injuries.
- Always use a clean razor and make sure to shave carefully. Using a clean razor means it reduces the likelihood of infection and causing cuts and nicks which can get infected. Focus on what you are doing and do not continue if you are distracted — ie. talking to someone or watching TV — as this can lead to an injury.
- Moisturizing after shaving can help to reduce the dryness that can occur after shaving. Find a moisturizer that is fragrance-free and preferably hypoallergenic for the sensitive areas. This will hopefully reduce irritation as well as stopping the skin from becoming dry.
- If your pubic hair is long before the shave, clip it with scissors first. This makes it easier for the trimmer to do its job. You should cut them to about 1/16 of an inch.
- Avoid shaving your pubic hairs when they are dry. Trim when you have just got out of the shower or while you are in the shower. This makes the process much smoother because the skin becomes softer and the water naturally lubricates the areas, stopping the hairs from pulling and makes it less likely to cause nicks.
- For a smooth shave, you should shave in the direction the hair is growing and not against the grain. Use even strokes in the way that the hair is pointing. This avoids the horrible after shave stubble and also prevents ingrown hairs. It also prevents irritation and the red bumps that can occur when shaving by not tugging the hairs into a direction they aren’t used to going.
How to Trim Ball Hair
- The first thing to do is to shower before you choose to shave this area. The warm water will soften the hairs and makes the skin looser which means the razor can run over the skin much easier.
- Next, you have to choose the right equipment to use and prepare it for use. You’ll need pre-shave lotion, shaving cream, and a razor or trimmer. The pre-shave lotion further softens the hair and keeps your sensitive skin moist. The best trimmer for balls is the Philips Norelco Body-groomer which is safer, easier to use on the testicular area.
- Now you can pre-trim the hair down there. Use scissors to trim back the hair to a more manageable length. This avoids the pulling of hairs when you get to trimming them and this, in turn, avoids irritation of the balls.
- Keep your skin taut to get a much closer shave. A flat surface is easier to shave and stops the skin from rolling under the razor and getting nicked. This means you may be uncomfortable and tug at your testicles. You’ll have to shave through the pain as this is the only way you will get out unscathed.
- Keep your hand steady or you’ll end up in a world of hurt. Use smooth, even, confident strokes.
- You may decide to take the shaving further than just your balls and if this is the case be extremely careful when trimming anywhere you can’t see. Use a mirror so you can see what you are doing and to avoid disaster.
- You want to avoid ingrown hairs and razor burn, especially on your balls. Apply after-shave balm or tonic and keep applying even a couple of days after you have shaved to stop it before it even begins.
Comparing Trimmers to Other Pubic Hair Removal Methods
- Epilators — These are electrical devices that grip and then pull the hair out by the roots. This lasts for about four weeks. It can, however, cause quite a bit of pain which is not the case when using trimmers as they are pain-free. Trimmers take the hair from the surface of the skin rather than pulling them from the root, meaning a lot less pain.
- Waxing — This is the use of hot wax and cloth strips to pull, with force, the hair out by the root. This will last for about four to six weeks but once again can cause a lot of pain. For the best results, you will have to visit a salon and get a trained professional to wax for you. This can cause a sense of embarrassment by having to bare all in front of someone else, something you can avoid by trimming your pubic hair at home.
- Threading — This is a technique which lasoos your hair and pulls it out by the root, once again this can cause a considerable amount of pain. It does last for a long time; however, it is very time consuming and probably not ideal for the pubic region. It is better for the removal of small sections of hair or the clean up of strays after waxing. Using trimmers is a much easier, and quicker form of hair removal.
- Sugaring — This is the application of a gel or pastes which is made from water, sugar, and lemon juice, which is then adhered to your hair (not your skin) and pulls the hairs out by the roots. It is very similar to waxing. If you want this done on the pubic area you should visit a professional to get this done, once again this may cause embarrassment when bearing all.
- Depilatories — These are creams that use a chemical reaction to break down the hairs and they are rinsed away. This can last from a couple of days to about a week. These can be used on the bikini or brief lines but are not advisable for genitalia as it can cause adverse effects and a burning sensation. People will sensitive skin should not use depilatories at all as it can cause a horrible reaction. This is why it is better to use trimmers which can be used on genitalia and won’t cause such a skin problem.
We hope that this guide has helped you to decide which is the best pubic hair trimmer for you and that we have given you some valuable information for when it comes to shaving in your nether regions. There are many options to choose from, both with equipment and styling, and finding the right trimmer for you is the most important.
Shaving down there has become much more stylish and easier to do so we have given you some hints and tips on how to do so properly to avoid skin irritation and leave you with the best shave possible.