Having a good set of professional hair clippers can give you the tools you need to create neat and good quality hair grooming for at home use or in the professional barber industry. If you own a barbershop or just want to perfect your look at home, having the best professional barber clippers can help you whilst performing to a very high standard.
It can be tricky to find the best barber clippers as there are so many clippers on the market but here we have narrowed down the best clippers in this helpful guide. Now you can pick the one best suited for you and the job that needs doing.
Our Top Pick
Our Number 1: Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless Rechargeable at Amazon
Second Choice: Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance at Amazon
Top Professional: Wahl Professional 5-Star at Amazon
Top In Heavy-Duty: OSTER Classic 76 at Amazon
We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Table of Contents
- Best barber Clippers Reviews in 2020
- Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers and Trimmers
- Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit
- Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clipper
- OSTER Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper
- Wahl Groom Pro Total Body Grooming Kit
- Wahl Professional Senior Clipper
- Panasonic ER1611 Professional Cordless Hair Clipper
- Picking the Best Hair Clipper for Barbers and Professionals
- What is the Difference Between Professional Clippers and Home Clippers?
- How to Clean Professional Barber Clippers?
- Final Notes
Best barber Clippers Reviews in 2020
Wahl Clipper Lithium-Ion Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers and Trimmers
These clippers are from Wahl which is one of the top brands of hair and beard trimmers. They have a two-hour runtime and a quick ten-minute charge, as well as holding a charge for up to a year. They come with a complete haircutting kit which includes guide combs of multiple sizes which give you the opportunity to cut a variety of lengths and hairstyles for easy and worry-free home haircuts.
These clippers incorporate Wahl’s self-sharpening precisions blades which allow the clippers to stay sharp for longer in order for them to remain snag-free when performing haircuts. These clippers also have a much faster speed which is up to 40% more than other clippers, even those from Wahl. They also have an adjustable Taper Lever so you can blend the hair easily.
These clippers also come with a five-year warranty and the voltage needed 120V/60Hz. The special features for these clippers are their cordless abilities. This means you can move easily and reach all angles of the head or beard and perform better. The clippers use lithium for the power behind the cordless unit.
Wahl Clipper Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit
Once again, this clipper set is from Wahl which is one of the top brands on the market. The Elite Pro clipper set has the highest durability and most powerful motor of the Wahl products. This will give you superior cuts and brilliant performance for a long time. It includes Wahl’s finest self-sharpening precision blades and stays sharp for a long time and can cut all hair types.
In the kit you will find Wahl’s secure-fit stainless steel premium clip guide combs this means you will have an easy and smooth haircut. The material of these guide combs is 70% stronger when compared to other Wahl products and guide combs.
The Clippers’ industrial power motor is 15% more powerful than other Wahl products which means you will have a lovely, no-snag cut. It also cuts hair 40% faster than other clipper products from other brands. They also include an adjustable taper lever which gives you easy blending when cutting hair. These clippers come with an eight-inch industrial H/D cord. These clippers are considered the best clippers in Wahl’s products for a high-performance haircutting.
Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clipper
These products are part of Wahl’s professional grade hair clippers. They are designed for professionals in the grooming industry. It gives a sharp performance perfect for experts in the job as well as the freedom of a cordless clipper, meaning you can reach every angle and give a professional, smooth cut.
One of the amazing special features in this set is the high precision zero-overlap 2161 blades. This gives the clippers superior speed as well as ease of use and the ability to perform different styles. It also includes a taper level which is convenient and gives you easy blending and fading. The lithium-ion battery powers the clippers when cordless and gives the clippers a 90 minute run time. These clippers have the ability to be corded or cordless.
This Wahl Professional also comes with 8 attachment combs for different types and styles of hair, oil, cleaning brush, red blade guard, and a recharging transformer. This clipper is for professional use only and is not recommended to be used in the home. The motor, blades and extras that come with the package are safer in the hands of an expert groomer.
OSTER Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper
The Oster Classic 76 has been designed for heavy-duty use with a powerful, single speed universal motor. It includes detachable blades in two sizes — 000 and 1. These clippers come with a blade guard, clipper grease, lubricating oil, and a cleaning brush. It also comes with a useful hanging loop. They are made to be very durable, with a break-resistant housing so the unit lasts for a very long time. The cord that comes with the clippers is up to 9 foot and is designed to be ultra durable so there are no breakages.
The housing of these clippers has a sleek, compact and ergonomic design for comfortable use over a long period of time. perfect for barbers who will have the unit in their hands constantly. The housing is also textured so the grip is easy and comfortable. These clippers can cut through any type of hair, all day long if necessary, with their powerful motor and high durability.
This is the best detachable blade clipper for professional barbers who need a clipper that works effortlessly and endlessly. They are perfectly designed to cut through wet or dry hair and give definition and endless possibilities. This is a very good choice if you are looking for the best professional hair clippers.
Wahl Groom Pro Total Body Grooming Kit
This grooming kit is designed for touch up and trimming with high carbon steel blades. These blades are high-carbon steel, self-sharpening and precision ground in order to stay sharp for longer and give a more comfortable experience when hair trimming.
They can be used for head-to-toe grooming, and not just hair or beards if needed. The blades on this unit also give you the opportunity to cut all different types and design lots of different styles. These clippers are perfect for at-home grooming in between trips to the barbers. They are all you need to achieve and maintain the perfect hairstyle for you. This a very good full body hair trimmer as well.
Wahl is one of the top companies in the hair grooming industry and you can trust the brand to bring you exceptional service. The motor in this kit is power driven for excellent power and no-snag haircuts. It also includes worry-free guide combs, so you can achieve a wide range of hairstyles and grooming techniques. The sizes of the combs include a number 2 and number 3. An adjustable taper level also allows for easy blending as well as different lengths.
Wahl Professional Senior Clipper
This product is designed for professional use only and is made by Wahl, one of the top brands for clippers. It is the original electromagnetic clipper and is equipped with a v9000 motor. This motor works in a cooler and faster fashion than other, standard clippers.
This means it is perfect to use for heavy-duty work such as cutting, fades, tapering, and blending without overheating. The motor also means you won’t have to put as much effort in as it is extremely high powered and can cut through any type of hair and style. The housing of this product is made of metal and is very durable while also feeling great in your hand. It offers superior control and comfort.
The package for the Senior Clipper comes with other accessories as well, such as three attachment combs, cleaning brush, oil, red blade guard, and instructions. The cutting guides that come in the package along with the clipper, come in 1/16”, 2/16”, and 3/16”. The cord that is attached to this clipper is 8 foot long and made of professional grade, chemical resistant material. This product’s v9000 electromagnetic motor operates at 120 volts / 60 hertz.
Panasonic ER1611 Professional Cordless Hair Clipper
This professional cordless hair clipper has blades that operate at a high precision and are sharpened at 45. It also features the new Panasonic X Taper blade shape which gives you the ability to cut larger surface areas and give you the best, unparalleled cutting speed.
It works by catching the hair and cutting it without letting it go. The motor works at 10,000rpm which is very powerful and can cut through any type of hair and create any kind of style. The scope of the cutting length without the attachments is 0.8mm to 2.0mm. The scope with the attachments is 3.00mm up to 15mm.
This cordless unit needs 60 minutes to recharge and gives you 50 minutes of continuous operation once charged. The fact that it is cordless means you will be able to reach all angles for an even and clean cut. The motor uses 110V to 240V. The package comes with the clipper, the 3 different sized combs, the charging stand, plug-in transformer, cleaning brush, and oil. This clipper is designed to not snag your hair but to cut it easily and efficiently. These clippers are perfect for at home use.
Picking the Best Hair Clipper for Barbers and Professionals
There are so many clippers on the market, so it can be truly difficult to choose which one is the best for the job at hand. There are also a lot of things to consider before you take the leap and purchase the best clippers for barbers. Here we have grouped together some of the things you should keep in mind when looking to buy some hair clippers.
- Reliability — You need a clipper that you can trust so looking for high-quality brands is a must. These types of clippers will give you a good service for a long time and are made of quality materials, so they won’t break. Buying cheap clippers won’t give you the cut you desire and will not last for long, meaning you will have to purchase another before too long. This is because they are made of cheap plastic material and tend to have a poor motor power that will ‘hack’ at your hair rather than give a smooth cut. Strong, durable, and trustworthy clippers will perform well and give you a cut that you can be proud of.
- The Motor — The size and power of the motor are what differentiates the top range models to the inferior ones. Along with a decent blade, a good, powerful motor will make sure that your hair is cut in a smooth and clean fashion. The better the motor the less likely the clippers will grab, snag or pull your hair. Cheaper motors will most likely burn out quicker than the pricier ones.
- The frequency of Use — This all depends on your previous experience with clippers. There are many products available which are perfect for use at home and for your family. The high quality, mid-range priced models are perfect for this as they will not be used as often as professionals in the barber business. For those who are in the barber business, you will need to find a durable and long functioning product which may be slightly more expensive, but worth the investment for the service, you will receive.
- Quality — There are certain elements of the clipper that you should pay attention to. For example, what the housing is made of, whether the blades will stay sharp, and the power of the motor. These are important as they should be made of high-quality materials. Check customer reviews to make sure you are receiving a good quality product.
What is the Difference Between Professional Clippers and Home Clippers?
As said before there are many different types of clippers on the market and it can be tough to choose which would be the best sort for you. There are those units which have been specifically designed for professional use, and those that are designed for easy home use. You have to decide which is the best option for you.
- Cost of Equipment — Professional hair clippers are going to be more expensive when compared to home clippers. This is because of the professional needs high quality, durable, and reliable clippers that provide an expert service. Home clippers may be cheaper but might not provide as good a cut as those designed for barbers.
- Styling and Overall Finish — Professional hair clippers are designed specifically to give an artistic touch to the hair and give the opportunity to unveil great styles. Home clippers are more rigid and are not as free to maneuver around the more complex hairstyles.
- Time Value — This refers to how much time you have to invest to complete your look. If you have little time but need to look professional and smart, barber clippers are the best option for you as the motors tend to be faster but still give a great finish. If you have more time, and perhaps less money and less of a need to look smart, home clippers may be perfect for you as they are cheaper yet still give an appropriate cut, but it may take longer.
- Professionalism — How professional do your clippers need to be? Those designed to be used by professional barbers have the features needed for these people. There will be different settings, combs, blades, and attachments, so they can perform a variety of hairstyles. This may not be necessary for those cutting at home and so home clippers may be the best option.
How to Clean Professional Barber Clippers?
Keeping your clippers clean is very important as hair can bunch around the blades and become incredibly unhygienic. If you are a professional barber you will need to clean those blades after every haircut, to maintain a hygienic and clean service. If you have professional barber clippers at home, and use them for your own hair, you should still clean them after every use to maintain the sharp, clean and professional cut you desire.
- Remove the blades from the unit. This might require a screwdriver to remove the screws on the top of the unit. Use your fingers to take the head and/or blades away from the clippers then separate them.
- Use a thick brush and use it to remove all the visible hair from the head plate as well as the inside of the clipper. Make sure to clean all the little holes in the unit as hair is likely to bunch up here. Place a little bit of cleaning solution on the blades and use a slightly damp cloth to wipe the blades. You should also consider using hygiene spray especially if you use the clippers often. Use a towel to dry the head and blade of the clippers and allow them to air dry for a couple of minutes.
- Once the head and blades are totally dry, reassemble them with the unit. Pointing the clippers towards the ground with the head of the unit facing away from you, turn them on and put a few drops of hair clipper oil along the top of the blades. Try not to add too much oil. Don’t allow the oil to drop back into the clipper unit.
Now you have nice, clean, and professional clippers. Cleaning them after every use will allow them to maintain their sharp cut and continue to be hygienic.
If you are looking for a good quality professional hair clipper then look no further. We have gathered together the best barber clippers on the market for you to peruse and decide which one is the best for the job at hand. There are certain things you should consider before buying clippers such as reliability, the frequency of use, quality and motor, for the type of cut you want. You will also need to consider which type of unit you want, whether professional or home use. One of the most important factors is knowing how to clean your clippers as this will make them last longer.